One of the great things about Startup Weekend Milwaukee (November 9-11, 2012) is that it will be more than just a local event. Today, we are announcing that the winning team from Startup Weekend Milwaukee will be eligible to participate in Global Startup Battle!
Global Startup Battle will be a competition among the winning teams of Startup Weekend events in more than 120 cities worldwide. Here’s how it will work:
- Our panel of judges will crown the winning team of Startup Weekend Milwaukee on Sunday night.
- Our local winning team will have 24 hours to post a 90-second video introducing their startup.
- Once all videos are posted, online voting will begin to select the top 15 entrees.
- A jury of entrepreneurial professionals will deliberate to select one unique winning team.
- A free VIP trip to Rio De Janeiro for the Global Entrepreneurship Congress
- A VIP trip to San Francisco to tour the Googleplex
- At least $15,000 in startup support services, and
- $20,000 credit for Google App Engine sponsored by Google
Brace yourselves, Global Startup Battle is coming!