Lately, several people have asked me, “Why I should I attend Startup Weekend?” The benefits of attending Startup Weekend Milwaukee are infinite, but your time is limited, so I’ve narrowed it down to the top five reasons to attend:
1. Build your network: This isn’t just a happy hour. Startup Weekend Milwaukee is attracting Wisconsin’s top talent, the best thinkers and doers in the community. Over the course of a weekend, you’ll not only work to build scalable companies that solve real-world problems — you’ll also build long-lasting relationships and possibly walk away with job, co-founder or even an investor.
2. “Co-Founder Dating:” We all know it’s not just about the idea. It’s about the team. Startup Weekend Milwaukee is hands down one of the best ways to find someone you can actually launch a startup with.
3. Learn a new skill: Step outside of your comfort zone. With a whole weekend dedicated to letting your creative juices flow, Startup Weekend Milwaukee is the perfect opportunity to work on a new platform, learn a new programming language or just try something different.
4. The Perks: Your ticket covers seven meals, snacks, access to exclusive resources from our sponsors and of course, all the coffee you can drink. On top of that, the top three startup teams will win the chance to pitch to Gener8tor, a local startup accelerator!
5. Actually launching a Startup: Over a third of all Startup Weekend startups are still going strong after three months. Roughly 80% of participants plan on continuing working with their teams or startups after the weekend. Some Startup Weekend success stories include Zaarly, LaunchRock, FoodSpotting and CloudBot.*
So now that you’ve read the top reasons to attend, join us at Startup Weekend Milwaukee! Be sure to save the date, November 9-11, and purchase your ticket to the event. I look forward to seeing you there!
*Statistics and facts from startupweekend.org